Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Sweet Tooth Fairy

I am finally able to report! I uploaded all my pictures, and I am ready to go.

On Thursday night, I presented the surprise treat: cupcakes from the Sweet Tooth Fairy. Joy! I've been wanting to write a review of this place for a while, and this was the perfect opportunity to get another taste for some research. I got five cupcakes-- one for each McPhie Woman.

Mom chose key lime:


Amy chose coconut:


Lindsay chose strawberry shortcake:


Whitney chose VaNIElla Squared:


And I chose black & white:

But really we just ended up eating portions of each. Key lime was generally decided upon as the favorite (though not by me. I loathe citrus flavored baked goods and almost gagged when I tried it.), and coconut was voted as the runner-up. The cake is moist while retaining its shape-- no crumbs or mess to these cupcakes. Though I do wish the actual cake had more flavor. I feel like all the cakes of each kind taste like generic cake without any distinctive flavor (except for the key lime and the strawberry). When I eat a chocolate cupcake, I want to be in love with the chocolateness. The frosting is applied in copious amounts-- to much for my taste, but this seems to be the trend with all cupcakes these days. The frosting for each cupcake is a cream cheese base-- which I can't decide if I like or not. I am all for cream cheese, but sometimes you want to have some options.
Overall, I will admit I have been there several times: it is quite delicious and such a fun treat. The location seems silly to me (creepy South Provo by KMart), why couldn't they be on Center Street? But no biggie. And even though I didn't sample the cake bites with my sisters, I will say they are absolutely divine. Yum yum yum.

1 comment: