Monday, May 9, 2011

NYC Take Three: In Which I Curse My Pancreas

On Sunday morning we wanted to grab a quick bite before heading out for the day, so we stopped in Levain Bakery for breakfast as well as a snack to take with us on the bus.
I chose a cinnamon butter brioche and a chocolate chip brioche. (Apparently I have a thing for brioche.)

The saddest thing in the world for me was having my dumb pancreas that can only process about 30 grams of carbohydrates in the morning. So I just took a couple bites of my cinnamon butter brioche and then squirreled the rest away. It turned out all right because I was starving on the bus ride home, and was delighted to have such a tasty stash.
Sam's breakfast was a blueberry muffin, and his squirreled goody was one of their famous and gigantic cookies-- a chocolate peanut butter chip cookie, to be exact.
It took so much self control to not leap over the glass partition and grab a hunk of the cookie dough I saw them preparing for the oven. It's a good thing I have a sense of social norms. If any friends go to NYC, please bring us back a cookie!

1 comment:

  1. Those cookies are HEAVENLY. I was in NYC for two weeks last summer and stopped at Levain at least--AT LEAST!--three times.

    ReplyDelete