Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Healthy Dose of Pride

Chances are, if you read this blog, you also read my family blog or are friends with me on facebook. Which means, you have seen our (now belated) Christmas video. If not, here is a link.

Speaking of Christmas, I gifted Bria with my big sewing project from last month. Are you ready? PILLOWCASES. I know, I know. So complicated. But I am, nevertheless, very proud of myself. My mom bought this fabric for me a year and a half ago, but I never did anything with it until Thanksgiving, when I was (admittedly) bored out of my head in Utah. I only had to redo the first pillowcase once, and I did the second pillowcase without any supervision from my mom. Three cheers for me!
And now use your microscope vision and check out that top stitch!
Well, Santa didn't bring me a sewing machine (I wasn't really expecting him too), so it will be a while before I continue to hone my fine skillz, but for now I am just floating along on this little bit of pride at my handiwork.

1 comment: