Thursday, September 10, 2009

Dear Friends,

I couldn't wait until October to update you on my trip! I have been having such a lovely time so far, I wanted to give you a sneak peek of what will come once I am reunited with my camera cord and a little stability.
I arrived in Virginia this morning at 6:10 am. The red-eye flight with Bria was worse than I hoped, but so much better than I feared. She slept most of the time, but did tire of being held a couple hours in. All in all, I couldn't wish for a better baby. During our layover + delay in Long Beach, she was spinning in circles then falling over dizzy, making our fellow passengers fall in love with her. What a joy she is.
We had such a fantastically wonderful time in California, and I experienced some true culinary delights. We visited the Palo Alto farmer's market on Saturday, which made me swoon. The vast array of produce was enough to make my heart skip several beats. Expect pictures, because, seriously, I was in heaven. We also enjoyed some fantastic curries, satay, and pad thai from Rice last night, and my sister taught me some Thai culinary history. I can't wait to share.
Right now Bria is sleeping, and I am wondering how she will transition to this time zone. What a little trooper she is. And now I will go bask in the joy of being reunited with Sam.

No comments:

Post a Comment